Welcome to I’m Dying to Tell You Podcast!

A podcast designed to share stories of inspiration & create a supporting community around them.

My Motivation

I’m dying from ALS, yet I’m so encouraged to live life to the fullest. I’ve been inspired by so much to stay focused on the positive.

I’m dying to tell you about what gives me strength, makes me smile and keeps me hopeful – in hopes of inspiring you too!

I’ll share some stories from simply encouraging to truly extraordinary - then offer a private supportive community group to learn more, interact with guests and to know you are not alone.

Thank you for being here with me.

Hugs, Lorri

What is ALS?

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, or ALS, is a progressive neurodegenerative disease. ALS attacks cells in the brain and spinal cord that are needed to keep muscles moving, leading to muscle weakness, paralysis and eventually death.

ALS is a beast of a disease.  Typically taking the lives of those with ALS in a short 2-5 years. Taking away the ability to walk, talk or breathe on one’s own.  Leaving victims completely paralyzed, so they are left trapped in their own bodies.

ALS is “everyone’s disease” because 90 percent of all ALS cases are random, meaning there is no known history of the disease in a family. It may affect anyone, anywhere. The remaining 10 percent of cases are known as familial ALS, which means the disease is inherited.

For unknown reasons, military veterans are approximately twice as likely to be diagnosed with the disease as the general public.